Welcome to Banner – University Health Plans! We thank you for being part of our network of participating healthcare professionals.
We know that it can be a challenge for you and your staff to find time to attend trainings and educational opportunities. The following trainings are available for your review.
Available Provider Trainings and Education:
- Model of Care (MOC)
- Behavioral Health – Prior Authorizations and Utilization Management
- Pyx Health Training
- Credentialing and Contracting
Provider Trainings and Education
- Review Banner B – UHP new requirements for providers requesting authorizations and continued stays, including clinical documentation submittals and time lines.
- Understand the requirements for discharge planning and submittal of discharge information for reimbursement.
- Review the new requirements for inpatient facilities to request a retrospective review.
- Behavioral Health Prior Authorization/Utilization PowerPoint Presentation
- Pyx Health and Banner – University Health Plans Presentation
- Behavioral Health Comprehensive Provider Manual Supplement - Securing Services and Prior Authorization/Retrospective Authorization (Updated 11/2019)
- Behavioral Health Comprehensive Provider Manual Supplement - Securing Services and Prior Authorization/Retrospective Authorization: PA Grid (Updated 11/2019)
- Prior Authorization Grid: Behavioral Health
- B – UHP Contracted Providers (BHRF and BHIF)
- Prior Authorization Forms
- Review Banner – University Health Plan’s new requirements for providers requesting authorizations and continued stays, including clinical documentation submittals and timelines
- Understand the requirements for discharge planning and submittal of discharge information for reimbursement
- Review the new requirements for inpatient facilities to request a Retrospective Review
- Review the new AHCCCS/ B – UHP criteria for admission, continued stay and discharge for Therapeutic Foster Care and Adult Behavioral Health Therapeutic Home levels of care
- Behavioral Health Prior Authorization/Utilization Management Training Video
- Behavioral Health Prior Authorization/Utilization Management Training PowerPoint Presentation
- Retro review process can be found HERE.
- Medical Records Requirements for Retrospective Review for Covered Services Form can be found HERE.
- Updated Forms:
- B – UHP Out of Home Prior Authorization and Continued Care Training Presentation
- B – UHP OOH Prior Authorization and Continue Care Training Video
- Out of Home Discharge Summary Form
- PYX Health App Flyer (B – UFC/ACC) English | Español
- PYX Health App Flyer (B – UFC/ALTCS) English | Español
Provider Education Series: Presented by AzAHP and AHCCCS Health Plans
- Introduction to the Provider Education Series
- Session #1: What is AzAHP
- Session #2: Credentialing/Contracting Process
- Session #3: AzAHP Form
- Session #4: What is CAQH?
- Session #5: Organization/Facilities AzAHP Form/Credentialing Process
- Session #6: Organization AzAHP - Application Terminations and Other Changes with Your Credentialing and/or Contract
- Collaborating with VR Lunch and Learn
- Employment Services for Tribal Members
- Working with Members on the Autism Spectrum
- Working with Members with Visual Impairments
- Peer and Family Support
- AZ Department of Corrections, Rehabilitations, and Reentry: Recovery Within Walls
- ALTCS 101
- Compassion Fatigue Part 1
- Compassion Fatigue Part 2
- Community Resource
- Housing 101
- AZ Able
- AZ Healthcare Careers
- Responding to Domestic Violence Disclosures
CMS requires providers who are caring for Special Needs members to be trained on the Model of Care (MOC). If you provide care to our Banner Medicare Advantage HMO D-SNP members, please complete the training below.
Please complete the Model of Care Training. Following the training, complete your attestation online.
Have questions? Contact our Provider Experience Center (PEC) by phone at (877) 874-3930 x 2 or by email at BUHPProviderInquiries@bannerhealth.com.
This training was a collaboration between B – UHP's Children's System of Care, Member Advocacy, and Employment departments.