Tools and Resources
Opioid abuse is a serious public health problem in Arizona and in the United States. Banner – University Health Plans (B – UHP) wants to ensure that our providers have the tools and resources to make appropriate health care decisions for their members.
Arizona Opioid Assistance and Referral (OAR) Line: (888) 688-4222
- Assists providers with questions regarding treatment of opioid overdose, withdrawal, opioid use disorder, and obtaining Naloxone.
- 24/7 hotline established as a part of Arizona's Opioid Action plan.
- Services to expand this spring to provide referrals for the general public seeking treatment resources for opioid-use disorder.
- Partnership with the Arizona Department of Health, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center in Phoenix and Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center in Tucson, through the Center for Toxicology and Pharmacology Education and Research at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix.
- Funded by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).