For the past several months, AHCCCS has been announcing the Spring 2020 launch of the new AHCCCS Provider Enrollment Portal (APEP).
APEP will allow providers to:
- Enroll as an AHCCCS provider;
- Report changes to update their provider profile (such as phone and addresses, etc.);
- Upload and/or update licenses and certifications;
- Track submission and status of an application or update;
- And more, all online anytime of the day!
This change, from a 100% manual process to the new, automated system will streamline the provider enrollment process. Initial applications and updates to existing provider profiles will be processed more quickly and online.
In preparation for the APEP implementation, AHCCCS announces an Application Cut-Off Timeline to support the provider data conversion process. It is imperative to read all forthcoming APEP-related communication. More information about new system training will be released in the next few months.
Application Cut-Off Timeline
- All new, reactivating and changes to existing provider applications must be received by AHCCCS no later than December 12th, 2019. This will guarantee timely processing of the application or requested change through the current paper-based process.
- Provider conversion into APEP begins January 16th, 2020. The new, fully operational system will be available to providers on March 2nd, 2020.
- During the conversation into APEP, AHCCCS cannot accept any new or reactivation provider applications, or applications requesting a change to an existing provider. This temporary hold on applications will last from December 12th, 2019 until March 2nd, 2020.
To access provider enrollment registration materials please visit:
If you have questions please contact Provider Enrollment at:
- 1-800-794-6862 (In State – Outside of Maricopa County)
- 1-800-523-0231 (Out of State)
To provide current important implementation updates, AHCCCS will use email distribution lists and the AHCCCS website to disseminate information. Some resources include:
- The Provider Update page available at: https://www.azahcccs.gov/PlansProviders/NewProviders/ProviderUpdates.html
- Subscribing to emails from the Office of Inspector General, Division of Fee-for-Service Management, Division of Health Care Advocacy and Advancement, Office of the Director and Division of Health Care Management. Providers can subscribe on the AHCCCS website at: https://www.azahcccs.gov/PlansProviders/AHCCCSlistserve.html
- Reviewing newsletters on the AHCCCS website, such as the Claims Clues Newsletters (published monthly), which can be found at: https://www.azahcccs.gov/PlansProviders/RatesAndBilling/FFS/claimsclues.html