Austism Spectrum Disorder
Banner University Health Plans (BUHP) covers medically necessary physical and behavioral health services for AHCCCS-eligible children, youth, and adults. These services include the diagnosis of and treatment for individuals who may have autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Services are provided in an individualized manner, based on the unique needs of the child, youth or adult.
BUHP’s philosophy and the service provided will incorporate the:
- Arizona Vision
- 12 Arizona Principles for children’s behavioral health services
- Nine Guiding Principles for recovery-oriented adult behavioral health services
- Patient Centered Medical Home principles
- Best practices for ASD
ASD Assessment and Diagnosis
Banner University Health Plans has providers that are able to assess children, youth, and adults who may have autism spectrum disorder. This list includes providers in central and southern Arizona. Select the provider you prefer and request an intake.
- Provider List for Diagnosing Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) (Updated 11/13/19)
ASD Service Providers
Banner University Health Plans offers a comprehensive network of service providers that are able to meet the needs of children, adults and families living with autism spectrum disorder. This list includes providers in central and southern Arizona that support members and families living with autism spectrum disorder:
- Provider List for Autism Spectrum Disorder Services (Updated 11/13/19)
Arizona Early Intervention Program (AzEIP)
AzEIP is Arizona’s statewide system of services and support for families, babies and toddlers, birth to the age of three, with delays or disabilities.
- General Website: https://des.az.gov/services/disabilities/developmental-infant
- AzEIP Contact and Referrals: https://des.az.gov/services/disabilities/developmental-infant/contact-arizona-early-intervention-program
Phone: (800) 237-3007
AHCCCS Resources for Members with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Arizona Department of Education Exceptional Student Services
Arizona Autism Coalition
- Website: https://www.azautism.org
- Website: https://www.autismspeaks.org
Tucson Alliance for Autism
Autism Society of Southern Arizona
- Website: http://www.as-az.org
Arizona Center for Autism
Identification and Evaluation of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Management of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
What is Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)?